Performers & Participants
PRE-SHOW starts at 6PM - arrive early for good seats and a great show!
The Whateverly Brothers and Friends
The Whateverly Brothers perform "broad spectrum folk" with rich harmonies and varied instrumental textures. The brothers will be joined by longtime singers David Perasso and David Kessler, to perform songs from and about WWI.
Fellowship of Reconciliation will share the story of the attempt by faith leaders seeing the mobilizations and hearing the rhetoric in their European countries, and their attempt to stop World War I from happening before it even started.
MAIN PROGRAM starts at 7PM
Emcee - Christian Skoorsmith, Lead Organizer, and Community of Christ minister
Musical Performances - John McCutcheon, Singer-Songwriter, Peace Activist & Organizer
- The Seattle Labor Chorus the musical voice of labor in Seattle- a chorus of about 40 singers from all walks of life who serve the labor community in song. (signed interpretation of Labor Chorus songs will be provided)
Readers Theater - Peace Bridge Readers Theater
Prayers/Hopes for Peace
- Rev. Dr. Michael Kinnamon, former Secretary-General of the National Council of Churches
- Rabbi Jason Levine, Assistant Rabbi at Temple Beth Am
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman, Cofounder and Muslim Sufi minister at Seattle's Interfaith Community Sanctuary (http://www.jamalrahman.com/)
- Christopher King, founding president of the Seattle Chapter of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
Friedenskirche - Peace Church
We are a German and English speaking church for the 21st century, deeply committed to working for peace. A place where multicultural persons can feel at home. Ecumenically focused worship unites catholic and protestant traditions. We are a community of thinking people who consider questions of everyday life from biblical perspectives. www.peacechurchseattle.org
Media Coverage of the 2009 Christmas Truce Event
Real Change, Dec. 16, 2009: http://realchangenews.org/index.php/site/archives/3623